Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hour of Clarity

Sundays are my favorite days. I've written about this before, but this was no more true than today. I realize that Sundays, especially the time of worship and teaching, is a rescue from the muddle of my week. During the worship service, I usually find a word in a song, a Scripture passage, or the sermon that anchors me in a truth that I desperately need.

Today, I had two words. The first was "wretch." I sorta wondered how much pain I'd spare myself (and others) if I more fully realized this about myself. Don't get surprised or humiliated by the failures. Just advertise that I'm a "wretch" and whenever anything more beautiful than that reflects through me, give all the credit to Jesus. 

The second was "power" and words related to it. And it chided me for being so strung out about this election. Power belongs rightfully to one Person, and He's not running for President. We're in good hands - Jesus is coming back as King someday.  

No comments: